Duration: Eight Days
Dates & times: Monday 22Nd May 2017 through to and including 1St June 2017
(excluding weekends and public holidays) 10:30am – 4:30pm
Officer: Chief Inspector 7506 Mark Anastasi
Location: Fenham Barracks
Newcastle Upon Tyne
In relation to: 3 x allegations of inappropriate conduct by the officer including allegations of unwanted sexual touching.
It is alleged that the officer’s conduct breaches the Standards of Professional Behaviour contained in Schedule 2 of Police (Conduct) Regulations 2012 as to:
1. Authority, Respect and Courtesy
2. Discreditable Conduct
And amounts to Gross Misconduct
Closing date to register interest in attending: All applications to be made by Friday 19th May at 10.00am for attendance on the first day of the hearing, Monday 22nd May 2017 [note any requests made over the weekend will not be processed until Monday 22nd May 2017 for attendance at the earliest on Tuesday 23rd May 2017].
All other interests must be registered at least 24 hours before attendance. (i.e. request made Monday 22nd May 2017 for attendance on Tuesday 23rd May 2017).
Further information: Under new Home Office regulations this hearing will be held in public.
- Under the Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 1992 there shall be no publication (by members of the public/press) of any information which is likely to lead members of the public to identify the complainant witnesses as a complainant of a sexual offence.
- In addition to the statutory reporting restriction above, the Chair of the Misconduct Panel has determined that the complainant witnesses shall be identified and referred to as witness A and witness B throughout the misconduct proceedings.
- No photographs are permitted on the Army Barracks, anyone seen to take photographs from any device will have the item confiscated.
- Only those individuals who have submitted a request to attend the Misconduct Hearing (request made to Northumbria Police Professional Standards Department) and are permitted to attend (received an email from Northumbria Police Professional Standards Department confirming their attendance) are permitted to access to the premises.
- All persons attending the Misconduct Hearing are required to bring photographic Identification and they must carry the photo identification at all times whilst on the premises.
- Access to and on the premises is restricted to the part of the premises being used for the Misconduct Hearing. Members of the public/press are not permitted to access any other parts of the premises and they will be escorted at all times whilst on the premises.
- Refreshments are not provided to members of the public/press during the hearing and there are no facilities on the premises to purchase refreshments (drinking water will be provided) Attendees should therefore make their own arrangements for refreshment.
- There are no parking facilities for members of the public/press and attendees will have to make their own parking arrangements.
If you wish to attend a hearing
If you wish to attend, you must book your place in advance by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to register your interest. In the e-mail you must provide:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Home address
- The date of the hearing you wish to attend
- The name of the person involved.
Any interested members of the media must also register attendance as outlined above. Media enquiries should be directed to the Media Relations Team at Police Headquarters.
Successful observers will receive a return email which will include information what to do next.
Attending a hearing
The hearing allows for 20 observers to attend, allocation will be on a first come basis. If you have any accessibility requirements, please let us know in your e-mail so we can ensure your needs are met.
Upon attending the location of the hearing, you will be required to present photographic identification, for example a driving licence or passport.
You will not be allowed admittance unless you have pre-registered. We reserve the right to restrict entry.
No filming, audio recording or taking of photographs of the proceedings is permitted.
Water will be provided during the hearing.