Discipline - 1192/15
Dated: 29 Jan 2016
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 29 December 2015 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. As of the 28/12/2015 how many officers/PCSO's/Police Staff are awaiting to appear in court for any offence be that the crown court or magistrates.
2. Please supply information broken down into offence/ rank/Court
3. Please information about officers/police staff and PCSO who were convicted of criminal offences between 1.1.2015 and 28.12.2015 Please supply informaton of Rank/Offence/ Sentence
4. How many people who were convicted during the above period remain employed by the force.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Professional Standards Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
The following information has been extracted from records maintained by Professional Standards Department.
1. As of the 28/12/15 there are three officers/police staff/PCSO awaiting to appear in court.
2. Please see below for breakdown
Rank Court Offence
PC Crown Court Historic allegation of indecent assault
PC Crown Court Misconduct in public office
PC Magistrates Assault
3. Please see below for information of officers/police staff/PCSO who were convicted of a criminal offence during the period 01/01/15 - 28/12/15. Cases currently subject to investigation have been excluded.
Rank Offence Sentence
CV Drink Driving Fined and disqualified from driving
PC Drink Driving Fined and disqualified from driving
CV Driving without Fined & received points of licence
4. Two people from the above are still employed by Northumbria Police.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
You may be interested to know that Northumbria Police routinely publish information via the Disclosure Log. The aim of the Disclosure Log is to promote openness and transparency by voluntarily placing information into the public arena.
The Disclosure Log contains copies of some of the information that has been disclosed by Northumbria Police in response to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Whilst it is not possible to publish all responses we will endeavour to publish those where we feel that the information disclosed is in the wider public interest.
The Disclosure Log will be updated once responses have been sent to the requester.
I have provided the relevant link below.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with our decision or do not consider that we have handled your request properly and we are unable to resolve this issue informally, you are entitled to make a formal complaint to us under our complaints procedure.
If you are still unhappy after we have investigated your complaint and reported to you the outcome, you may complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office and request that they investigate to ascertain whether we have dealt with your request in accordance with the Act.