Hate crimes - 171/17
Dated: 17 Mar 2017
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 15 February 2017 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Please could you provide the number of all reports marked as 'homophobic' or a sexual orientation hate crime in each of the following years (either calendar or financial, however this information is held) 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016?
1. (a) If possible, could you provide the victim's gender.
1. (b) If possible, the offence title of the report (e.g. verbal harassment).
1. (c) If possible, if a charge was filed against the alleged offender.
2. Please could you provide the number of reports of assault offences/violence against the person with injury marked as 'homophobic' or a sexual orientation hate crime in each of the following years (either calendar or financial, however this information is held) 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016?
2. (a) If possible, please could you provide the victim's gender.
2. (b) If possible the offence title (e.g. assault occasion ABH).
2. (c) If possible, if a charge was filed against the alleged offender.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as below attached.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.