Pokemon - 948/16
Dated: 19 Sep 2016
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 27 August 2016 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
How many crimes has your force recorded between 13/7/16 and 24/8/16 where the crime report contains the word "Pokemon" (non upper-case specific)
Please could you give me the following additional information for each recorded crime:
1. A summary of the crime report including the circumstances in which the alleged offence(s) were committed - please specify the offence(s) recorded;
2. The ages and gender of the suspect(s) and alleged victim(s) - please exclude this part of my FoI request if it you conclude it would risk identifying any individuals);
3. What the result of the investigation was, for example a charge or caution etc.
4. In addition, please could you provide me with any warnings to the public about playing Pokemon safely e.g. Press releases or social media messages.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1-3 See below attached
4. With regards to this part of the request any information released into the public domain would be published on the Northumbria Police website therefore the following exemption is applicable.
You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
I've provided the link to the website below.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.