Dated: 23 Nov 2016
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 18 December 2015 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I would like to request the following information with regards to the organisation’s Local Area Network (LAN) environment.
Please can you send me the organisation’s Local Area Network (LAN) contract, which may include the following:
· Support and Maintenance- e.g. switches, router, software etc
1. Existing Supplier: Who is the current supplier for each contract?
2. Annual Average Spend for Supplier: What is the annual average spending on the supplier above? If there is more than one supplier please split the annual averages spend for each supplier.
3. Number of Users: Please can you provide me with the number of users each contract covers. Approximate number of users will also be acceptable.
4. Number of Sites: The number of sites where equipment is supported by these contract.
5. Contract Type: For each contract is the contract Managed, Maintenance, Installation, Software
6. Hardware Brand: What is the hardware brand of the LAN equipment?
7. Contract Description: Please provide me with a brief description of the overall contract.
8. Contract Duration: What is the duration of the contract is and can you please also include any extensions this may include for each contract.
9. Contract Expiry Date: When does the contract expire for each contract?
10. Contract Review Date: When will the organisation is planning to review the contract?
11. Responsible Officer: Who within the organisation is responsible for each of these contract(s) please provide me with contact details including name, job title, contact number and email address?
If the LAN maintenance is included in-house or managed please include the following information:
12. Hardware Brand: What is the hardware brand of the LAN equipment?
13. Number of Users: Please can you provide me with the number of users this contract covers. Approximate number of users will also be acceptable.
14. Number of Sites: Estimated/Actual number of sites the LAN covers.
15. Responsible Officer: Who within the organisation is responsible for LAN please provide me with contact details including name, job title, contact number and email address?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the IC&T Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. BT provides support for all of the above aspects of LAN.
3. There are 5500 users approximately
4. There are 43 sites
7. Fully managed service by BT.
8. 5 years with option to extend by 6 months
9. Contract End Date 11th May 2016
10. A review of the contract has recently been completed.
11. Mark Wilkinson, Infrastructure Manager, 0191 2956994, email@example.com
12. N/A Fully managed service by BT
13. N/A Fully managed service by BT
14. N/A Fully managed service by BT
15. N/A Fully managed service by BT
Information about how to do business with Northumbria Police is published on our website, we have provided the relevant link below.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.