Training - 104/15
Dated: 31 Jul 2015
Date of request: 02/02/15
Date of response: 19/02/15
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')(FOIA)
Thank you for your email dated 2 Febuary 2015 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am Requesting this information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and appreciate your timely response; the questions I would like to ask are included below:
1- In last 2 years have you purchased any it technical training for the ICT /IT department from QA training covering it technical courses such as Microsoft VMware oracle citrix and Cisco.
2- What is the exact job title of the manger or team leader in ICT/IT department who has made the purchase?
3- Has the ICT/IT technical department pre-paid for this training, please state amounts.
4- Have they in the last 3 years purchased a skills licence it training package from QA training please state the amount purchased and the amounts remaining?
5 - Has the buying IT manger secured 3 quotes for the purchase of the skills licence? If so which were the other companies who submitted the exact same skills licence prices?
6- When will the next skills licence be purchased by the ICT/IT DEPARTMENT?
7- Who will purchase the next ICT technical training skills licence.
8- Please provide an ICT department organisation chart.
9- How many people are there in the ICT department?
10- Does the ICT / IT technical department purchase IT technical training for products such Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, oracle and citrix in February and March to utilise remaining budget for the financial year if so how do you justify the purchase?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the IC&T Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
2. A number of team leaders will have requested training for their teams. The specific teams requesting this form of technical training are Application Services Manager and Infrastructure Services Manager. The existing ICT training budget is managed directly by the Director of ICT.
3. All training providers request payment in advance of the training provision.
4. Yes in 2013 the force purchased skills licenses to the total value of £7,260 to cover specific training courses required at the time. There is no amount remaining.
5. Force purchasing policy for purchases up to £10,000 is to source 3 quotations. At the time of the order process three companies with a local delivery capability were asked to provide a quotation for running a tailored course (MTC, Stay Ahead and QA Training). Only QA training were able/willing to submit a quotation and on that basis they were awarded the order.
6. Information not held. The Force has no plans to purchase skills licenses in advance. If there is a requirement to purchase training courses, then suppliers will be asked to provide a quotation for the required courses.
8 see attached
9. 72.5 - this differs from the above attached as one member of staff is currently being relocated to another department and is not shown on the chart.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with our decision or do not consider that we have handled your request properly and we are unable to resolve this issue informally, you are entitled to make a formal complaint to us underour complaints procedure which can be found at:http://www.northumbria.police.uk/foi/disclosurelog/foicomprights.asp
If you are still unhappy after we have investigated your complaint and reported to you the outcome, you may complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office and request that they investigate to ascertain whether we have dealt with your request in accordance with the Act.
DownloadsFOI Complaint Rights Procedure_tcm4-67103
FOI 104-15 Structure_tcm4-103896