101 calls - 1024/16
Dated: 12 Oct 2016
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 23 September 2016 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Can you provide the figures for the past five years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) please?
1. How many calls have been made to the 101 service by police officers each year for the past five years?
2. How many calls have been made to the 101 service by the public each year for the past five years?
3. Can you please provide a copy of all internal communications sent to police officers about the use of 101 calls by police staff please?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Communications Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. No information held. This data is not recorded.
2013 439,725 *incomplete as data not held for April 2013 due to technical issue
2014 533,701 *incomplete as data not held for April and May 2014 due to technical issue
2016 524,097 *data up to and inclusive of August 2016
3. No information held. There has been no internal communications sent to police officers about the use of 101 calls by police staff
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.