We asked, You Said, We did
What concerns you about your neighbourhood?
Illegal off road motorcycles are being used on playing fields and footpaths in the Ryhope area.
- Met with residents, councillors and housing managers at community meetings.
- We identified the particular problem and developed an immediate response and long term strategy.
- Gentoo Sunderland installed a barrier preventing access from Esdale garages on to open land.
- The local councillors have arranged the formal adoption of the footpath linking Waterworks Road and Burdon Lane. Enabling future funding to be source to fit A frames to prevent motorcycle access.
- Sunderland East Neighbourhood team have increased high visibility patrols in the area to deter and identify offenders.
- Sunderland East Neighbourhood team have issued a number of section 59 notices to offenders and seized off road motorcycles where possible.
- Officers have monitored complaints and kept in contact with local residents.